Making little teeth happy…
A one day course with Katie Dullaghan.
During this one day course, Katie Dullaghan will explore how to create an effective whole school oral health prevention programme for infant and primary schools.
Katie will provide guidance on how to foster preventative methods , focusing on methods of delivering key oral health messages.
The course will explore concepts and ideas proven to reduce dental decay, improve oral health and irradiate pain and suffering which is happening unnecessarily among children.
The course will enable school staff to deliver effective oral health education to pupils, encouraging understanding of the key messages to inspire much needed change to oral health.
• Discover how to build a Happy Teeth culture and community that cares about teeth.
• Learn how to encourage engagement and inspiration to improve oral health
• Explore how to reduce the national epidemic, targeting key areas lacking in education
• Understand how to use preventative methods in delivering whole class education, incorporating resources and educational aids.
• Sharpen teaching to surround the main key messages which can be incorporated in to a way of life.
• Discuss the impact of parent involvement, how to engage parents in incorporating Happy Teeth at home.
• Recognise how oral health education will enhance health, strengthen understanding of the importance of oral health in relation to general health.
Who is the course for?
• Teaching Assistants
• Early Years, Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers
• PSHE leaders
• Senior Leaders
• Head Teachers/Principals